Friday, July 13, 2007

Oh the pitfalls ...

Of showing a movie.

Yes, my first time as a teacher in public schools showing a movie. Before any of you think, "James, you lazy ass you're there to teach English. The children can watch movies at home," let me tell you it was my co-teachers idea.

But one I happily complied with.

So we're watching the first Shrek film the last two weeks.

I was so excited coming into this, thinking, "This is great, I don't have to work. I can let the television teach the children for me." I thought it would be really cool.

Then I watched the same parts of Shrek for eight times over two days.

Let me tell you something, Eddie Murphy's donkey character loses its humor when you've heard the lines over and over in four part doses each day.

I am getting some reading done and should be posting more on my blog. I am not, but I do have the time to do some writing. Just not the will power.

I'm actually thinking of hiring some Indians to type in my thoughts and post them to my blog. I don't think it will be too expensive.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Parfaits may be the most delicious thing on the planet. You ever ask anyone if they want a parfait and they're like no I don't like parfaits?

Sefton

Anonymous said...

now thats outsourcing!

how is your puppy wager going?