Saturday, July 28, 2007

I can't wait to ...

So Im at English Camp. For those who don't know, teachers in Seoul that work for public schools have to go to a two to three week English camp at least once a year. I'm in the middle of 12-day camp for middle school students.

It's not a bad experience and means I'll make a little extra money for when I visit home. And that brings me to today's blog.

There's another 23 foreign English teachers at my camp, many of whom have plans to visit home after this camp. It's become one of the biggest conversation topics amongst our group.

There some amazing eats around the world, but everyone has their local favorites.

With a little less than three weeks until I touch down on the brown fields of the Antelope Valley, I've been talking and thinking about all the things I want to eat and drink when I get back. Here's a brief list.

1. A Tommy's Chili Cheeseburger.
2. Mexican food from El Toreo and Vallarta.
3. Beer. They had beer in Turkey and they have beer in Korea, but it's piss water. I can't wait to drink a Sam Adams, Bass, and go to Trader Joes for some miscellaneous brands.
4. Cheese and cold cuts. Turkey had some amazing cheese but it's crap here in Korea. Sliced meats aren't a big deal either.
5. A nice glass of single malt scotch with a Honduran cigar.
6. Cevice.
7. A lawnmower salad from Bakery Express.
8. A cobb salad from Red Robin.
9. A breakfast burrito from Primo Burgers.
10. Biscuits and gravy.

I better stop writing because I am getting hungry. I also might gain a few pounds when I'm home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How could you leave out In N Out?

James said...

I like In N Out, but I don't crave it. However I will eat a double double when I'm home.

Genus Juglan said...

The bim bma bop (which I know I spelled wrong) just does not compare. But one piece of advice I can offer you is the yellow dog is, traditionally, better tasting than the black dog. Something to think about. Hope all is well brother. I am glad I found out about your blog.
-Dusty Mapson-