Friday, June 15, 2007

Sometimes I feel bad about taking a paycheck for this job ...

Actually, no, that thought has never crossed my mind.

Nor did it when I went with the fourth graders to Seoul Land amusement park Monday.

Since I teach fourth grade classes every Monday, it was only natural that I join the kids on their field trip, then ditch them when they went into some show so I could go on roller coasters.

Me and the kids at the end of the day.

It was a blast though, which really surprised me. I hate amusement parks, but Korean amusement parks are kind of cool. For one, they are full of copyright violations.



Check out the Peter Pan ride and the knockoff Epcot Center.

As cheesy as it sounds though, the best part of the day was the kids. The kids at my school love me for the simple fact that I am a foreigner. All day they were hanging around with me, watching me play games and going nuts when I did anything.



Korean kids can't help but make the peace sign when they pose for pictures. Next weeks lesson is that it doesn't look cool anymore.

At lunch time, we were in this children's play land area and went in an played some of the games. When I went to the Chuck E. Cheese style ball room, they kids went nuts and started pelting me with plastic balls. Some of those kids had some pretty good arms on them too.

This netting reminded me of obstacle course in basic before I went to Nam.

I ran into this room with thinking the padded columns stood up against force. I fell on my ass, but then again, the kids loved watching Mr. L fall.

The ball room.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now those are the kind of pictures I've been waiting for.....man, if it wasn't for the fact that you are white, I wouldn't know who was the 4th grader and who was the teacher.

Anonymous said...

You really are taller than everyone in Korea. Well, at least you're taller than the children you teach.

Great post though. I especailly enjoyed seeing the Asian Peter Pan.

Sefton

Anonymous said...

Looking at the pictures you have up there, with all those little kids, only one word comes to my mind.....majusaeyo?