Thursday, March 1, 2007

Finally ...

I'm considered average height.

I made it here to Korea yesterday and at the aiport noticed how well I stand in. I'm not considered "tall" here as there were a few 5'10" Koreans walking around. They were in the minority though.

I can tell you instantly that for the first time in my life, I am at least of average, or dare I say, above average height.

I'm at a training facility in Suwon, about one hour south of Seoul. It's me and all the other teachers who came in to the district. Since we're all first timers with the district, we're getting a training course in what they expect, lesson delivery and most importantly, where to find the best dog meat sandwiches.

Postings will be spotty for the next week. Though I'm allegedly in the most internet wired country in the world, there seems to be no wifi in my room. MEH!

I'll try and add another post this weekend because me and my new fellow teachers are going to ... NOREBANG. Oh sorry, that's the Korean word for KARAOKE.

It's been so long since I've done karaoke. I can't wait to sing again. (Yes I sang live in Turkey a few times, but both artforms are great. Each brings their own set of advantages and disadvantages.)


James

1 comment:

Chris said...

I probably should have told you this earlier, but if you're searching the world for good local beer, Korea is probably not the place to be. You've discovered that by now, I'm sure. The one upside is availability, and a paycheck that likely allows you to splurge on a Heineken.