Tuesday, February 12, 2008

That was the best beer I ever tasted ...

and what made this beer so good?

It was brought to me by a midget. Yes, a midget.

For my last night in Manila I patronized an institution called the
Hobbit House.

The wait staff and servers are all midgets or dwarves. (They have a
normal size bartender, but I think that's just for logistics like
reaching.)

It was incredible. Words cannot describe the joy one gets in a
restaurant full of midgets. They're walking around everywhere with
their little hands and legs, bringing drinks. It was AWESOME.

It's been almost 24 hours now and I'm still feeling high.

The Hobbit House itself was pretty cool. It's a large hall-style room,
with wood fixtures and furnishings. Scenes from Tolkien, one of the
most prolific authors in the fields of Midget Fantasy, adorn the wall.

Wait til you see the picture of me and all the wait staff. They all
come up to my waist. I've never felt so tall.

And if any of you think this is exploitive, walk through the streets
of Manila and see the poverty that exists. These midgets have it good.

Right now I'm on Mindoro Island, at Sabang Beach. There was just a
power outage, but fortunately, most of the bars have generators.

More to come.

--

http://loughriedoeskorea.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy SHIT!! You found Mecca!!! That sounds like the coolest place on earth!!

Anonymous said...

Midge

Did you know that there is a new sipmson'd cd - The Simpsons - Testify...

Blance

Anonymous said...

It's been more than 3 weeks, you should be back...WHERE THE F ARE MORE POSTS!!!!