Thursday, February 7, 2008

Hitting the road ....

Yes folks, I was given a grand opportunity and I'm going to take it.

My school district offered me a free flight to anywhere in the world as a bonus for renewing my contract. So I'm going to the Philippines. My flight leaves at 8 a.m. Friday morning, Korean time, and I'll be gone for three weeks.

I might dispatch a story or two from the road, but don't come here for much entertainment over the next three weeks. (And if this is one of your primary sources of entertainment, you should find the nearest gun and put yourself out of your own misery.)

When I get back I'll be nice and tan having been in warm weather for three weeks. (It's bloody cold here in Korea.) Golf, snorkeling and laying on the beach await me in less than 24 hours.

Ciao, see you back here on the 1st.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

82 and sunny today you could have surprised us and come home for a time

Anonymous said...

Okay, if you had been offered a ticket to anywhere in the world and chose Palmdale, I would have had to kill you for your own good..and you know you would thank me too.