Sunday, January 13, 2008

Where is my absentee ballot?

Ok, Now I'm getting worried. I requested the damn thing from the Los Angeles County election's office a month ago, and while I understand the absentee applications didn't begin processing until January 7, I still worry.

I need to get the damn thing in my hands.

Why is it that the elections office only gives us a month to apply for and receive an absentee ballot? Why can't I get it sooner? The election is Feb. 5, I want it now.

And this isn't just impatience, I need to make sure it arrives by mail in enough time to send it back.

In addition to the time factor, I go back and forth each day on who gets my vote. I know I'm going to vote Republican, and I'm constantly back and forth between Guilliani, Huckabee or Ron Paul (I'll explain these in my "who I'm voting for" blog.)

Should I get my ballot, I will blog and share with you, the dear reader, who I am voting for.

Until then here is the first in an occasional series titled, "An open letter to ...." Today's open letter is to Hillary Clinton.

Dear Hillary

You might have fooled the people of New Hampshire, but they're idiots. You won't fool me however.

That crying stunt was just that. A cheap attempt to manipulate votes.

You are a robot and robots don't cry unless they have been programmed to do so. And even so, why would someone program a robot to cry when it could do something useful.

How come Edmund Muskie becomes a joke and you get a pass? He was crying real tears and you weren't.

Anyway, I was never going to vote for you, but now will campaign against you and persuade Seoul expats to deny you their vote.


Sincerely

James C. Loughrie
English Teacher and political activist against people who fake crying to get votes

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

After all we've seen and done, PLEASE don't tell me you still think that voting matter?!?

Anonymous said...

Man, James, I don't know where you get your knee-jerk political opinions, but you didn't get them from your dear, sweet grandmother.