Monday, January 28, 2008

I ate a dog.

Yes. It happened. I told y'all it would and when better when my old friend Chris Amico was in town to go and chow down on man's best friend.

The most popular dog dish in Korea is called boshintang and it's served as a soup.

Koreans typically eat it in the Summer as a method of cooling down. (I don't get it either, but they eat soup and sweat to cool down.)

It was great seeing Chris again and even better catching up over a bowl of Fido.

For the record, dog tastes pretty good. It's chewy and stringy, but has a nice flavor to it. I'd like to get some of the meat itself and try putting some nice dry rubs on it, or maybe a few different marinades, but I doubt Marissa would let me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn, I think any love I had for you just died. That's just fucking sick...which coming from me, means something.

Anonymous said...

If they make a third installment of the "All Dogs Go to Heaven" franchise. YES there was a second one. They would have to call it "All Dogs Go to Heaven 3: Journey to the Center of Colon"

Anonymous said...

There are other ways to get "ruffage" into your diet.

Anonymous said...

With "homage" to the colonel, was it "tail-waggin good"?

Erin

James said...

Those were probably the best puns I've heard about eating dog. and I've heard a lot. Good job Erin.