Monday, August 13, 2007

Free Hugs ...

Yes, the offer was too good to refuse.

I've read about these kind of people in China and other countries. They stand in the streets and shopping centers with a sign that reads ... you guessed it, Free Hugs.

One day out with Phil, Kerry and Jed, in Insadong Seoul (which could be best described as the Soho of Seoul) we see a dude holding the sign. "Free hugs."

What do you think I did?


It was an offer I couldn't refuse.

But the free hug thing is more than just people standing with a sign. There are people all over Seoul wearing "Free Hugs" shirts. I'm tempted to just walk up to them and put my arms out for a hug. But I'm also leery of going back to jail or having to re-register, if you know what I mean.

But maybe I can hold the "Free Hugs" sign for a few hours one day. I'll have to have video along with me though, as that's something I want recorded for eternity.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"re-register"?

Do you know Chris Hansen?

James said...

We met, but it wasn't under the best circumstances.

Anonymous said...

yeah, Chris asked about you the last time I saw him. He's a wily little SOB that Hansen. My favorite parts of the picture are how big your smile is and in the upper left corner the other asians looking at you all weird.

Anonymous said...

Ok, Maybe he did fall off the face of the earth

anon

Anonymous said...

Hey, if you are back in Korea...START WRITING AGAIN!!!!